Directed by Ben Powell
Produced by Ben Powell & Dave Schachter
Length: 71 minutes
Watch the Movie
Listen to the Soundtrack
Dry land’s misfits find purpose and direction twenty-eight days at a time as the steady hands of a towboat due for the port of New Orleans.
SXSW Film Festival, Dallas International Film Festival *(Grand Jury Prize Documentary Feature 2015), Full Frame Documentary Film Festival, Indie Memphis Film Festival *(Best Documentary Feature 2015), Ashland Independent Film Festival *(Honorable Mention 2015), Independent Film Festival Boston, New Orleans Film Festival, DOC NYC, Crossroads Film Festival *(Best Documentary Feature 2015), Little Rock Film Festival, Montclair Film Festival, SF Documentary Festival, RiverRun International Film Festival
- Recipient of the Garrett Scott Development Grant in 2012 -
- 2016 Cinema Eye Honors Nominee -
- Participant in IFP's Spotlight on Documentaries in 2012 -
"Compelling mix of the magnificent and the humdrum."
- Alan Scherstuhl, Village Voice
"Barge portrays the ballet of industrial America.”
- Kate X Messer, The Austin Chronicle
"A meditative microcosm of America and the American Dream"
"A breath of fresh air”
- Mike McCutchen, Ain't It Cool News
"…what’s there is fascinating, with the hypnotic pull of the currents dragging us along into the existence of these men……showing us both the good and bad in his protagonists"
- Christopher Llewellyn Reed, Hammer to Nail